#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: MAN OF THE YEAR JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE COVERS GQ MAGAZINE

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

MAN OF THE YEAR JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE COVERS GQ MAGAZINE

The pop superstar, who was named “#Hashtag of the Year,” appears on one of five covers alongside Kendrick Lamar (“Rapper of the Year”), Matthew McConaughey (“Leading Man of the Year”), Will Ferrell (“Funnyman of the Year”), and the late James Gandolfini.

He released the biggest-selling album of 2013, toured with Jay Z, and reunited with *NSYNC at the VMAs, and now Justin Timberlake caps off the year by covering GQ‘s “Men of the Year” issue.

The 32-year-old singer gets suited up in designer fashions by Gucci, Bottega Veneta, and Z Zegna in the dapper shoot.

In the interview, the normally laid-back JT loses his cool when responding to the criticism surrounding his work. Plus, he discusses his pre-show ritual (sleep and meditation) and why he doesn’t consider himself cool.
The December 2013 issue of GQ hits newsstands on Nov. 19. See more photos and read highlights from JT’s cover story below.

On the criticism: “The movie [Runner Runner] didn’t do well at the box office, so I should quit? Hold on a second. If I was somebody else, you wouldn’t have said that. I have the number one album this week, and I shouldn’t have released it? Come on, man. You sound like a dickhead…. It just shocked me because, like, you’re trade magazines. None of your opinions count. And by the way, none of you can do it.”
On losing his patience: “I’m from [Memphis], and I grew up with a little bit of a chip on my shoulder, so sometimes I find it funny that I’ve been able to acquire the patience it takes to be kind to people in our business. Because sometimes I just want to fucking kill everybody.”
On his advice: “Being cool is about keeping your blood pressure steady. So no. Don’t be cool. Be passionate. Be dedicated. Be tenacious. Be uncompromising. Be pissed. Be happy. Be sad.”

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin