#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: VIDEO: ASHANTI PERFORMS ‘FOOLISH,’ ALSO COVERS CHAKA KHAN’S ‘SWEET THING’

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

VIDEO: ASHANTI PERFORMS ‘FOOLISH,’ ALSO COVERS CHAKA KHAN’S ‘SWEET THING’

“Sometimes I listen to my first album and I be like, ‘Damn, that was crazy. I said that?’” laughed Ashanti while reminiscing about her past.
Ashanti served up something old and something new during her performance for The Boombox’s “Off the Record” series. The R&B diva dipped into her catalog with her 2002 debut single “Foolish,” and brought it back to 2014 with her Rick Ross-assisted banger “I Got It” and “Scars” off her latest album Braveheart.

She also covered Chaka Khan’s ’70s classic “Sweet Thing,” which is the song that got Ashanti her record deal.
Her rendition received the stamp of approval from the legendary singer herself. “I am so BLESSED 2 have your beautiful talent paying a tribute 2 me! What a great birthday gift! Much love!!” tweeted Khan, who turns 61 later this month.
Peep video below:

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin