#navbar-iframe { display: none !important; } HOUSE OF GLITZ...!!!: RONDA ROUSEY SPEAKS "I JUST FEEL SO EMBARRASSED" ABOUT HER BEAT DOWN & WILL SHE FIGHT AGAIN?

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

RONDA ROUSEY SPEAKS "I JUST FEEL SO EMBARRASSED" ABOUT HER BEAT DOWN & WILL SHE FIGHT AGAIN?


Ronda Rousey may be down, but she’s not yet ready to go out.

The former UFC women’s bantamweight champion has been radio silent since her knockout loss to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November. Aside from a short social media message in which she assured everyone of her health, Rousey has not been heard from since the first defeat of her career.


for the first time, since her surprising loss against Holly Holm. In an interview with ESPN Magazine, Rousey opens up about the devastating loss and why she’s determined to fight Holm again. See a few excerpts.
Cutting herself off from the public:
I’ve turned off my phone. I haven’t looked at it. I’ve just been having long conversations with Mochi [her 7-year-old Argentinian Mastiff].

Recalling what happened in the ring:
I got hit in that first round. … I cut my lip open and knocked a couple of my teeth loose. I was out on my feet from the very beginning. I wasn’t thinking clearly. I had that huge cut in my mouth and I just spit [the blood] out at my feet. Then they brought the bucket over and I’m like, ‘Why didn’t I spit it in the bucket?’ I never spit on the ground. It was like a dumbed-down dreamy version of yourself making decisions. … I was just trying to shake myself out of it. I kept saying to myself, ‘You’re OK, keep fighting. You’re OK, keep fighting.’ I just feel so embarrassed. How I fought after that is such an embarrassing representation of myself. I wasn’t even fucking there.
Not apologizing for her ambitions:
Maybe I can’t do it all before my prime, before my body is done. But fuck it, maybe I can.
Not being concerned about what she says being misconstrued:
It’s not my responsibility to make everything I say idiot-proof. If a dumbass can’t understand it, then I’m not going to spend my time putting everything I think into layman’s terms.

How she coped after the loss:
I kind of just slept a lot and ate fast food. First I was so sick I couldn’t eat anything. Then I just slept and pooped in the woods. I used a whole roll of toilet paper in one day.
What she believes is being said of her by the public:
That I’m a fucking failure and I deserve everything that I got

Why she refused to touch gloves with Holm before the fight:
It was just like a reaction. I was like, ‘The last time I saw you [at the weigh-in], you were putting your fist on my chin and trying to get a cheap hit on me, then you turn around and you want to touch gloves? You have to be one way or the other. So if you want to be that way with me, that’s the way it is.’
How Rousey will be remembered next:
I guess it’s all going to be determined by what happens in the rematch. Everything is going to be determined by that. Either I’ll win and keep going or I won’t and I’ll be done with everything.
If she’ll fight again:
Of course. What else am I going to fucking do?


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin